Organizations and businesses on this page frequently provide professional consulting services to the LTACH community and are leaders in their respective fields. Please contact me and let me know about your experience in working with one or more of these organizations. I would also like to hear from you about companies providing services to LTACHs that have not been listed below. I will keep the site updated with information about service providers delivering exceptional customer service to LTACHs.
Transaction; Investment Banking Services
- Creative Health Capital is a merchant bank focusing exclusively on the healthcare industry. CHC has successfully sourced lines of credit for numerous clients and regularly provides both buy and sell-side transactional services.
- McGladrey Capital Markets provides investment banking and merger and acquisition advisory services and regularly represents buyers and sellers in the healthcare industry.
- Shattuck Hammond, a division of Morgan Keegan & Company, Inc., is an investment banking and financial advisory firm focused on the healthcare industry. Shattuck Hammond provides strategic and merger and acquisition advisory services; placements of debt and equity; debt underwriting and financial advisory services; and real estate transaction services.
Financing; Credit Solutions
- CapitalSource provides healthcare financing, asset-based lending and lines of credits secured by accounts receivables to a wide range of post-acute care providers.
- Gemino Healthcare Finance is a specialty healthcare lender focused on providing senior loans to healthcare service providers, with typical financing needs starting at $2 million in the form of revolving lines of credit and term loans.
- Healthcare Finance Group specializes in providing secured lines of credit and term loans to a wide variety of healthcare organizations
- HealthCare Appraisers is a national valuation and consulting firm providing services exclusively to the health care industry. Services include: fair market value opinions for compensation and service arrangements (including but not limited to employment, on-call, medical directorships, collection guarantees, billing under arrangements and block leasing); business valuation (for hospitals, dialysis centers, ambulatory surgery centers, home health, diagnostic and other treatment facilities, physician practices, and intangible assets); consulting and advisory services; and litigation support.
- Principle Valuation specializes in the valuation of all types of health care real estate including hospitals, independent living communities, assisted living residences, skilled nursing facilities, continuing-care retirement communities, medical office buildings, ambulatory surgery centers, pharmacies and rehabilitation facilities.
- VMG Health is recognized by leading health care providers as one of the most trusted valuation and transaction advisors in the United States. Whether circumstances call for a comprehensive valuation, the sale or acquisition of a facility, or joint-venture development assistance, VMG Health offers a unique and in-depth understanding of the relationships, requirements and business issues that surround today’s health care facilities.
Facility Design and Consulting Services
- Adams Management Services Corporation provides facility design, consulting and project management services to healthcare organizations focused on capital project planning.
Development Consulting Services
- RIM Associates provides consultation with regard to hospital development, development of physician-owned joint ventures and financing of new and existing hospital facilities.
Medical Billing and Collection Services
- American Med Systems offers a comprehensive suite of services to the health care industry including medical billing, medical collections, coding, compliance, training, audits and consulting.
Health Information Technology and Electronic Medical Record Systems
- EPIC Systems is an industry leader in the development, design and roll-out of comprehensive electronic medical record and enterprise solutions for hospitals. Their software fully integrates front-end clinical and back-end revenue cycle functions.
- MResult Healthcare specializes in implementing EMR systems for LTACHs and small hospitals. It has also developed a post-acute care preadmission clinical/administrative platform in collaboration with the Hospital for Special Care. The system helps facilitate better admissions decision and provides reporting for strategic resource planning.
Registered Nurse and Allied Health Staffing Services
- American Mobile Healthcare is a Joint Commission accredited provider of long-term contract nurse and allied health professional staffing services.
- Cross Country TravCorps is a Joint Commission accredited provider of long-term contract nurse and allied health professional staffing services.
- Medical Staffing Network is a Joint Commission accredited provider of per-diem and long-term contract nurse staffing services, allied health professional services, pharmacists, anesthesiologists and CRNAs.
Group Purchasing Organizations
- Amerinet is a group purchasing organization that promotes quality healthcare delivery and helps all types of providers more effectively manage expenses.
Executive Placement Services
- DHR International provides senior-level executive search, management assessment and succession planning services.
- MedPoint Search places CEOs, Administrators, and senior-level executives in LTACHs across the nation.
Locum Tenens Services
- Vista Staffing Solutions is a full service staffing company specializing in locum tenens and permanent placement for medical doctors. Vista is a member of the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO).
- Medicus Healthcare Solutions specializes in placing radiologists, anesthesiologists and hospitalists across the U.S. Medicus is also a NALTO member.
Pharmacy Management Services
- Comprehensive Pharmacy Services has developed proprietary systems, programs and initiatives for improved pharmacy department operations, management and performance.
- PharmaSource Healthcare provides pharmacy management services and programs, which include automated dispensing and pharmacy computer systems.
- Peoplefirst Rehabilitation staffs and manages the rehabilitation departments in LTACHs and nursing centers by providing contract therapy services, including physical, occupational and speech-language therapists.
General Consulting Services. LW Consulting provides performance improvement, revenue cycle, billing and coding, medical necessity compliance, diligence-related services, risk management, clinical consulting, strategic planning and other consulting services.
Medical/Legal Consulting. Nightingale Consulting provides medical/legal consulting services nationwide in the areas of medical malpractice-professional liability, personal injury and corporate compliance. Nightingale offers case review and analysis either behind the scenes or in the courtroom.
Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Consulting. Blue & Co. provides a wide array of health care management consulting services including, among others, RAC audit preparation, cost reports, taxation services, auditing and accounting, DRG and CPT-4 coding services, corporate compliance services, medical record reviews, managed care services, chargemaster reviews, etc..
Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Consulting. Marsh Risk Consulting provides a wide counsel to corporate and healthcare clients on a broad range of issues including crisis preparedness, issues management and reputational risk. Marsh also provides focused RAC preparation audits to healthcare clients.
Billing and Coding. Hooper Cornell PLLC is a public accounting firm providing a variety of services to clients throughout the United States. Hooper Cornell works primarily with a variety of business and healthcare related companies and other business organizations to assist clients through complex accounting, tax, healthcare, and litigation challenges.
Billing and Coding. Coding Compliance Solutions LLC specializes in reviews of coding and billing assessments, refuting allegations of fraudulent claims submissions and improper billing activities.
Compliance. Affiliated Monitors Inc. specializes in independent monitoring that fulfills the requirements of settlement, deferred prosecution, corporate integrity agreements, and other forms of government and third-party enforcement actions.
Patient Admission Assessment Technology Tool. MResult Healthcare is the exclusive provider of the Vindicet Patient Matching Sustem, which helps post-acute care facilities to cost-effectively manage admissions without sacrificing time or quality. Customizable assessments and workflows let providers manage a “pipeline” of admissions, ensure compliance with admission criteria and gather valuable data for resource planning.
Industry Associations and Professional Groups
- Acute Long Term Hospital Association (ALTHA) works to protect the rights of medically complex patients and the hospitals that treat them by educating Federal and state regulators, Members of Congress and health care industry colleagues. ALTHA represents a wide variety of LTACHs located throughout the United States and tends to represent the interests of for-profit LTACH providers.
- American Hospital Association (AHA) represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks and their patients and communities. AHA represents almost 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks other providers of care and 37,000 individual members.
- American Medical Association (AMA) advocates on behalf of physicians to promote the art and science of medicine for the betterment of public health.
- Federation of American Hospitals (FAH) represents investor-owned or managed community hospitals and health systems and provides advocacy and health policy services for its members related to various topics, including LTACH legislation, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, health care quality, patient safety, health information technology, medical liability insurance reform, hospital emergency preparedness, antitrust, compliance, the health care workforce shortage, privacy and confidentiality, tax issues, and rehabilitation services, among other important issues.
- National Association for Long Term Hospitals (NALTH) is a national association representing acute long-term care hospitals and patients. NALTH tends to represent the majority of not-for-profit LTACHs throughout the U.S. NALTH focuses on goals in the areas of advocacy, education, research and networking.
- Physician Hospitals of America (PHA) offers support, advocacy and educational services to the physician-owned hospital industry, including wholly-owned and physician-operator joint venture LTACHs.
- PostAcuteNetwork.com (PAN) is an online professional networking community for the post-acute care industry. PAN is designed to allow post-acute professionals and executives to share news, information, communicate and collaborate on common issues facing the industry. In addition, community members seeking premium services can access jobs, resumes and other resources. PAN members include individuals as well as business of all sizes.
* Please speak with an attorney if you would like further information regarding the benefits of engaging consultants through outside legal counsel.