Updated: November 20, 2008
Information we collect
To better serve site visitors, the Weblog collects two basic types of information:
- Personally identifiable information: This is information that personally identifies one individual from another (for example, names, e-mail addresses and other contact information). This information is voluntarily provided to the Weblog by site visitors and is used by me for the purpose of fulfilling requests or inquiries or processing event registrations.
- Aggregate user and tracking information: This information gives me insights on how visitors use the Weblog. This data is anonymous and does not contain any personally identifiable information. I use this information to ensure that the Weblog continues to appeal to site visitors.
Information you voluntarily provide to the Weblog
The Weblog only collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, when you sign up to attend a seminar or receive communications, or send me an e-mail. Examples of such personally identifiable information that you provide may include, among other information, your name, physical address, email address, or phone number. The Weblog only requires personally identifiable information from you when it is needed to complete your request for information, complete an online transaction, or when you voluntarily decide to register to receive communications from the Weblog.
Other information the Weblog collects
How the Weblog uses the information it collects
Personally identifiable information
The Weblog may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, for the following business purposes:
- To improve the quality of your Weblog site visit;
- To complete your event registration;
- To send registration confirmations;
- To send communications and informational newsletters that you have requested, opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive;
- To send surveys to you; and/or
- To update your user account with any information we receive from you or from third-party sources about you.
Also, the Weblog may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- I may contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on behalf of the Weblog, such as hosting the Weblog, sending email messages and informational newsletters and administering surveys. These third parties may have access to personal information, such as email addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for the Weblog.
- The Weblog may preserve and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of the Weblog without your prior permission if the Weblog has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Weblog or its partners, employees, affiliates, other users of the site, or the public; or (b) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties or is otherwise unlawful. I may also disclose information as I deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- I may share any information you submit to me when I have your consent to do so, or when I need to share it in order to provide the information or service you requested.
Non-personally identifiable information
The Weblog may use your non-personally identifiable information it collects during your Weblog visit or during your interaction for other purposes including without limitation, the following:
- To better monitor in aggregate how visitors are using the Weblog;
- To ensure that the Weblog and e-mails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to our visitors;
- To uncover and diagnose problems with the Weblog and our servers; and
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
What you will receive from the Weblog
I only want to send you communications and information that you expect to receive or that you have requested. All Weblog e-mail contains clear information on how to unsubscribe, and I will honor all requests as quickly as possible. Below are examples of communications you may receive:
Registration confirmation e-mail messages. When you register for an event via the Weblog, you may receive an e-mail confirming your registration.
Monthly Newsletters. If you sign up to receive a newsletter I will send you the newsletters that you have requested. We only send these newsletters to site visitors who sign up for one of our mailing lists or who agree to future contact regarding communications from the Weblog. These mailings contain clear information on how to unsubscribe. If you are receiving communications from us and wish to unsubscribe, either follow the unsubscribe instructions in the communication or follow the opt-out instructions below to inform us that you do not want to receive e-mail from the Weblog.
Postal mail. i may also send you communications via postal mail. If you are receiving postal mail communications from ME and wish to unsubscribe, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the communication.
Answering your inquiries. If you call me with a question or offer a suggestion, I may use your e-mail address, telephone number or postal address to respond to you.
How the Weblog protects your information
This Weblog is the personal journal of Jason S. Greis, Esq. It does not use any measures to protect the safety or security of personal information. Due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, I cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information and the Weblog and Jason S. Greis, Esq. expressly disclaims any such obligation.
About this policy
Accessing and updating your information; Opting out
Visitors who would like to correct, update or delete any personally identifiable information may contact me with a request to do so by filling out this form. Similarly, Weblog users or members who wish to subscribe or unsubscribe to the Newsletter can do so by using the subscribe/unsubscribe options or sending an email by filling out this form.
I may take a reasonable period of time to respond to any request to update or modify any information, or to opt out of or unsubscribe from any communications. If you request the deletion or modification of your personal information maintained by us, such information may be retained for a period of time in our backup systems as a precaution against system failures. Some information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract or auditing requirements.
If you have questions
Jason S. Greis, Esq.
77 W. Wacker Drive, Suite 4100
Chicago, IL 60601-1818